Thompson, Randall (1899-1984)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is American composer Randall Thompson.
· Benser, C.C., and D.F Urrows. Randall Thompson: A Bio-Bibliography. Greenwood Press, 1991.
· Forbes, E. The Music of Randall Thompson. Musical Quarterly, Vol. 35, No. 1, January 1949.
· McGilvray, B. The Choral Music of Randall Thompson, an American Eclectic. D.M.A. dissertation, University of Missouri at Kansas City, 1979.
· Mann, A. (ed.). Randall Thompson: A Choral Legacy. E.C. Schirmer Music, 1983.
· Urrows, D.F. Randall Thompson and the Organ. The American Organist, Vol. 22, No. 10, October 1988.
· Urrows, D.F. A Lost Choral Masterwork by Randall Thompson. American Choral Review, Vol. 32, Nos. 1/2, Winter/Spring 1990.
· Forbes, E. A History of Music at Harvard to 1972. Harvard University, Department of Music, 1988.
· Hinson, G.L. An Investigation of Common Stylistic Traits Found in Selected Sacred Choral Works of Randall Thompson and Virgil Thomson. D.M.A. dissertation, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 1992.
· Martin, G. The Damrosch Dynasty: America's First Family of Music. Houghton Mifflin, 1983.
· Thompson, R. College Music: An Investigation for the Association of American Colleges. MacMillan, 1935.
· Urrows, D.F. Randall Thompson's Alleluia: Notes on an American Ikon. American Choral Review, Vol. 39, No. 2, Summer/Fall, 1997.
"The Infography about Randall Thompson (1899-1984)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA