Mirrors -- History
The following sources are recommended by a science writer whose research specialty is the history of mirrors.
· Goldberg, Benjamin. The Mirror and Man. University Press of Virginia, 1986.
· Gregory, Richard. Mirrors in Mind. Penguin, 1998.
· Miller, Jonathan. On Reflection. National Gallery Publications, 1998.
· Pendergrast, Mark. Mirror Mirror: A History of the Human Love Affair with Reflection. Basic Books, 2003.
· Roche, Serge, Germain Courage, and Pierre Devinoy. Mirrors. Translated by Colin Duckworth amd Angus Munro. Rizzoli, 1985.
· Schweig, Bruno. Mirrors: A Guide to the Manufacture of Mirrors and Reflecting Surfaces. Pelham Books, 1973.
· Beckmann, Johann. A History of Inventions, Discoveries and Origins. Translated by William Johnston. V. 2. B.M. Israël, 1974.
· Ellis, William S. Glass: From the First Mirror to Fiber Optics, the Story of the Substance that Changed the World. Avon, 1998.
· Heyne, Pamela. Mirror by Design: Using Reflection to Transform Space. John Wiley and Sons, 1996.
· Hockney, David. Secret Knowledge: Rediscovering the Lost Techniques of the Old Masters. Viking Press, 2001.
· Lilyquist, Christine. Ancient Egyptian Mirrors from the Earliest Times through the Middle Kingdom. Deutscher Kunstverlag, 1979.
· Melchior-Bonnet, Sabine. The Mirror: A History. Translated by Katharine H. Jewett. Routledge, 2001.
"The Infography about the History of Mirrors"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA