Flute -- Methods and Pedagogy
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the flute.
· Pellerite, James. "A Modern Guide to Fingerings for the Flute." Zalo Publications, 1972.
· "The Flutist's Handbook: A Pedagogy Anthology." National Flute Association, Santa Clarita, CA, 1998. http://www.nfaonline.org/
· Taffanel, Paul and Phillipe Gaubert. "17 Daily Exercises." Editions Leduc.
· Wye, Trevor. "Practice Books for the Flute, Volumes 1-6." Novello Publications, London.
· Nyfenger, Thomas. "Music and the Flute." Nova Music.
· Kincaid, William. "The Advanced Flutist." Elkan Vogel/Theodore Presser Company, A collection of writings and exercises by one of America's most important flute players and teachers. Former principal flutist of the Philadelphia Orchestra.
· Moyse, Marcel. "De La Sonorite." Editions Leduc, The single most influential tone development book ever written.
· Moyse, Marcel. "Tone Development through Interpretation." Editions Leduc.
· Dick, Robert. "The Other Flute: A Performance Manual of Contemporary Techniques." Oxford University Press, New York, 1976. The most comprehensive source for extended techniques for the flute.
· "Flutists Quarterly." National Flute Association, Santa Clarita, CA. http://www.nfaonline.org/
· "Flute Talk Magazine." The Instrumentalist Publishing Company.
"The Infography about Flute Methods and Pedagogy"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA