Democracy and Technology
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is democracy and technology.
· Kleinman, Daniel Lee, ed. Science, Technology, and Democracy. State University of New York Press, 2000.
· The Loka Institute. http://www.Loka.org/
· Sclove, Richard E. Democracy and Technology. Guilford Press, 1995.
· von Schomberg, Rene, ed. Democratising Technology: Theory and Practice of a Deliberative Technology Policy. International Centre for Human and Public Affairs, 1999.
· Technology and Democracy: The Use and Impact of Technology Assessment in Europe. The 3rd European Congress on Technology Assessment. Danish Board of Technology, 1992. 2 volumes.
· Winner, Langdon, ed. Democracy in a Technological Society. Philosophy and Technology, vol. 9. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1992.
· Center for Democracy and Technology. http://www.cdt.org/
· Goldhaber, Michael. Reinventing Technology: Policies for Democratic Values. Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1986.
· Mumford, Lewis. 1964. "Authoritarian and Democratic Technics." Technology and Culture, vol. 5, no. 1 (Winter): pp. 1-8.
· Technical Expertise and Public Decisions: Proceedings. 1996 International Symposium on Technology and Society. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 1996.
"The Infography about Democracy and Technology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA