Alcoholism -- Elderly
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is alcoholism among the elderly.
· Atkinson, R.M. (1991). Alcohol and Drug Abuse in the Elderly, in Jacoby, R., and Oppenheimer, C. (eds.), Psychiatry in the Elderly, Oxford University Press.
· Abrams, R.C., and Alexopoulos, G.S. (1987). Substance Abuse in the Elderly: Alcohol and Prescription Drugs. Hospital and Community Psychiatry, 38(12):1285-1287.
· Bienenfeld, D. (Aug. 1987). Alcoholism in the Elderly. AFP, 36(2):163-169.
· Schonfeld, L., and Dupree, L.W. (1991). Antecedents of Drinking for Early- and Late-Onset Elderly Alcohol Abusers. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 52:6.
· Finlayson, R.E., Hurt, R.D., et al. (1988). Alcoholism in Elderly Persons: A Study of the Psychiatric and Psychosocial Features of 216 Inpatients. Mayo Clinic Procedures, 63:753-760.
· Brown, B.B. (1982). Professionals' Perceptions of Drug and Alcohol Abuse among the Elderly. The Gerontologist, 22(6):519-24.
"The Infography about Alcoholism among the Elderly"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA