Alcoholics Anonymous -- History
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is Alcoholics Anonymous.
· Hartigan, Francis. Bill W.: A Biography of Alcoholics Anonymous Cofounder Bill Wilson. St. Martin's, 2001.
· B., Mel. New Wine: The Spiritual Roots of the Twelve Step Miracle. Hazelden, 1991.
· B., Dick. Turning Point: A History of Early A.A.'s Spiritual Roots and Succeses. Paradise Research Publications, 1997.
· Peele, Stanton. The Diseasing of America: How We Allowed Recovery Zealots and the Treatment Industry to Convince Us We Are out of Control. Jossey-Bass, 1999.
· B., Dick. Cured: Proven Help for Alcoholics and Addicts. Paradise Research Publications, 2003.
· Darrah, Mary. Sister Ignatia: Angel of Alcoholics Anonymous. Hazelden Publishing, 2001.
· Alcoholics Anonymous. Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age: A Brief History of A.A. Alcoholics Anonymous, 1957.
· Alcoholics Anonymous. Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers: A Biography, with Recollections of Early A.A. in the Midwest. Alcoholics Anonymous, 1980.
· Alcoholics Anonymous. Pass It On: The Story of Bill Wilson and How the A.A. Message Reached the World. Alcoholics Anonymous, 1984.
· Alcoholics Anonymous History. http://www.dickb.com/index.shtml
· Archives International: Documenting Early A.A. Roots and History, 1925-1955. http://www.archivesinternational.org/
· B., Dick. God and Alcoholism: Our Growing Opportunity in the 21st Century. Paradise Research Publications, 2002.
· B., Dick. New Light on Alcoholism: God, Sam Shoemaker, and A.A. 2nd edition. Paradise Research Publications, 1999.
· B., Dick. The Oxford Group and Alcoholics Anonymous: A Design for Living That Works, 2nd edition. Paradise Research Publications, 1998.
· "Historical Data: The Birth of A.A. and Its Growth in U.S./Canada." Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. http://www.aa.org/default/en_about_aa_sub.cfm?subpageid=27&pageid=24
· An Illustrated Alcoholic Anonymous Bibliography.
· Kurtz, Ernest. Not God: A History of Alcoholics Anonymous. Hazelden, 1991.
· Ragge, Ken. The Real A.A.: Behind the Myth of 12-Step Recovery. See Sharp Press, 1998.
· Robertson, Nan. Getting Better inside Alcoholics Anonymous. William Morrow, 1988.
· Wilson, Lois. Lois Remembers. Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, 1987.
"The Infography about the History of Alcoholics Anonymous"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA