Stowe, Harriet Beecher (1811-1896)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is American author Harriet Beecher Stowe.
· Stowe, Harriet Beecher. Uncle Tom's Cabin, or, Life among the Lowly. Various editions. Full content available at Uncle Tom's Cabin and American Culture. http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/utc/sitemap.html
· Stowe, Harriet Beecher. The Key to Uncle Tom's Cabin: Presenting the Original Facts and Documents upon Which the Story Is Founded. Clarke, Beeton, 1853.
· Hedrick, Joan D. Harriet Beecher Stowe: A Life. Oxford University Press, 1994.
· Beecher Family Papers, 1822-1903. http://www.mtholyoke.edu/lits/library/arch/col/msrg/mancol/ms0509r.htm
· The Harriet Beecher Stowe Center: the Harriet Beecher Stowe House and Library. http://www.harrietbeecherstowecenter.org/
· Ohio Historical Society: Harriet Beecher Stowe House. http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/places/sw18/index.shtml
· Knight, Denise, and Nelson, Emmanuel. Nineteenth-Century American Women Writers: A Bio-Bibliographical Critical Sourcebook. Greenwood Press, 1997.
· Stowe, Charles. Harriet Beecher Stowe: The Story of Her Life. Houghton Mifflin, 1911.
· Stowe, Lyman Beecher. Saints, Sinners and Beechers. Bobbs-Merrill, 1934.
· C-SPAN American Writers: Harriet Beecher Stowe. Note that a videotape copy of the program as it aired on C-SPAN can be purchased. http://www.americanwriters.org/writers/stowe.asp
· Ashton, Jean W. Harriet Beecher Stowe: A Reference Guide. G.K. Hall, 1977.
· Ammons, Elizabeth, ed. Critical Essays on Harriet Beecher Stowe. G.K. Hall, 1980.
· Baldwin, James. "Everybody's Protest Novel." In Notes of a Native Son. Beacon Press, 1955.
· Crozier, Alice C. The Novels of Harriet Beecher Stowe. Oxford University Press, 1969.
"The Infography about Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA