Health Care Policy -- United States
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is health care policy in the United States.
· Fuchs, V. Who Shall Live? Health, Economics, and Social Choice. Basic Books. 1974.
· Johnson, H. and D. Broder. The System: The American Way of Politics at the Breaking Point. Little Brown. 1996.
· Longest, B. Health Policymaking in the United States, 2nd edition. Health Administration Press. 1998.
· Shilts, R. And the Band Played On: Politics, People, and the AIDS Virus. St. Martin's Press. 1987.
· Starr, P. The Social Transformation of American Medicine. Basic Books. 1982.
· U.S. Public Health Service. Healthy People, 2010. U.S. Government Printing Office. 2000.
· Aaron, H. and W. Schwartz. The Painful Prescription: Rationing Hospital Care. Brookings Institution. 1984.
· Berwick, D. "Continuous Improvement as an Ideal in Health Care." New England Journal of Medicine. 320: 53-6. 1989.
· Institute of Medicine. The Future of Public Health. National Academy Press. 1988.
· Kingdon, J. Agendas, Alternatives and Public Polities, 2nd edition. HarperCollins. 1995.
· Marmor, T. The Politics of Medicare. Aldine. 1973.
· Newhouse, J. Free for All? Harvard University Press, 1993.
· Russell, L. Is Prevention Better than Cure? Brookings Institution. 1986.
· Wing, K. The Law and the Public's Health, 3rd edition. Health Administration Press. 1990.
"The Infography about Health Care Policy in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA