The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is estimating small areas.
· Lahiri, P., and Meza, J. (2002), "Small-Area Estimation," Encyclopedia of Environmetrics (A.H. El-Shaarawi and W.W. Piegorsch, eds.), 4, 2010-2014, Wiley.
· Lahiri, P., and Rao, J.N.K. (1995), "Robust Estimation of Mean Square Error of Small Area Estimators," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 90, 758-766.
· Fay, R.E., and Herriot, R.A. (1979), "Estimates of Income for Small Places: An Application of James-Stein Procedure to Census Data," Journal of American Statistical Association, 74, 269-277.
· Ghosh, M., and Rao, J.N.K. (1994), "Small Area Estimation: An Appraisal," Statistical Science, 9(1), 55-93 (with discussion).
· Platek, R., Rao, J.N.K., Sarndal, C.E., and Singh, M.P., eds. (1987), Small Area Statistics, John Wiley and Sons.
· Datta, G.S., and Lahiri, P. (1999), "A Unified Measure of Uncertainty of Estimated Best Linear Unbiased Predictors in Small Area Estimation Problems," Statistica Sinica, 10, 613-627.
· Jiang, J., Lahiri, P., and Wan, S. (1999), "Jackknifing the Mean Squared Error of Empirical Best Predictor, Bulletin of the International Statistical Institute, 52 Session Proceedings. http://www.stat.fi/isi99/proceedings/arkisto/invited/47.html
· Singh, M.P., Gambino, J., and Mantel, H.J. (1994), Issues and Strategies for Small Area Data, Survey Methodology, 20, 3-22.
· Indirect Estimators in Federal Programs (1993), Statistical Policy Working Paper 21, Subcommittee on Small-Area Estimation, Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology, Statistical Policy Office, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, U.S. Government Printing Office.
· Battese, G.E., Harter, R.M., and Fuller, W.A. (1988), An Error-Components Model for Prediction of County Crop Areas Using Survey and Satellite Data, Journal of American Statistical Association, 80, 28-36.
"The Infography about Small-Area Estimation"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA