Fortifications -- Britain -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of British fortifications.
· Hogg, Ian V. Coast Defences of England and Wales, 1856-1956. David and Charles, 1974.
· Kent, Peter. Fortifications of East Anglia. Terence Dalton, 1988.
· Kightly, Charles. Strongholds of the Realm: Defences in Britain from Prehistory to the Twentieth Century. Thames and Hudson, 1979.
· Lowry, Bernard, ed. 20th Century Defences in Britain: An Introductory Guide. Council for British Archeology "Practical Handbooks in Archeology, No. 12," 1995.
· Saunders, Andrew. Fortress Britain: Artillery Fortifications in the British Isles and Ireland. Beaufort, 1989.
· Williams, Geoffrey. Stronghold Britain: Four Thousand Years of British Fortifications. Alan Sutton, 1999.
· Palmerston Forts Society. http://www.palmerstonforts.org.uk/
· Pye, Andrew, and Freddy Woodward. The Historic Defences of Plymouth. Cornwall Archeological Unit, 1996.
· Wilson, Roger. Roman Forts: An Illustrated Introduction to the Garrison Posts of Roman Britain. Bergstrom-Boyle, 1980.
"The Infography about the History of Forts in Britain"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA