The following sources are recommended by a veteran of career and employment services in universities and industry.
· eResumes.com. Comprehensive resources and instructions for preparing effective resumes, including samples. http://www.eresumes.com/
· 6FigureJobs Executive Newsletter, June 2005. 6FigureJobs. Resume writing for executives. http://www.6figurejobs.com/ExecNewsletter.cfm?&NewsID=225
· Ten Commandments of Resume Composition. George Gurney. Dear Headhunter. A quick rundown of proven resume-writing principles from a professional headhunter. http://www.dearheadhunter.com/dh_columns/tencommandments.html
· Vault Guide to Resumes, Cover Letters, and Interviews. Howard Leifman, Marcy Lerner, et al. Vault.com, 2003. A comprehensive resume guide from the most trusted name in career information.
· Gallery of Best Resumes. David F. Noble. JIST Works, 2007. David Noble, one of the most well-known names in the resume business, starts with a section of tips including resume-writing strategies, resume design and layout, electronic resumes, and resume-writing style.
· The Overnight Resume. Donald Asher. Ten Speed Press, 1999. Step-by-step resume strategy and composition. Includes electronic resumes, a directory of career and job-search web sites, and a bibliography of career books.
· Top 10 Resume Writers Reviewed by Independent Resume-Writing Experts. Online Site Reviews. http://www.onlinesitereviews.com/resume-writers/
· Constructing an Effective Resume for the New College Graduate. Epinions.com. http://www.epinions.com/content_4812152964
· Expert Resumes for Managers and Executives. Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark. JIST Works, 2007. Aimed at all levels of management, from front-line supervisors to top-level executives. In addition to nearly two hundred pages of sample resumes, the authors present sound resume-writing advice, including how to create and use an electronic resume.
· Asher's Bible of Executive Resumes and How to Write Them. Donald Asher. Ten Speed Press, 1997. Guidelines and samples for writing executive resumes for a wide range of situations: industry, academia, professional careers, not-for-profit, government, military, and special cases.
"The Infography about Resume Composition"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA