Music -- Vietnam
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is music in Vietnam.
· Reyes, Adelaida. Songs of the Caged, Songs of the Free: Music and the Vietnamese Refugee Experience. Temple University Press, 1999.
· Pham Duy. Musics of Vietnam. Ed. Dale R. Whiteside. Southern Illinois University Press, 1975.
· Le Tuan Hung. Dan Tranh Music of Vietnam: Traditions and Innovations. Australia Asia Foundation, 1998.
· Nguyen, Phong Thuyet, and Patricia Shehan Campbell. From Rice Paddies and Temple Yards: Traditional Music of Vietnam. World Music Press, 1990.
· Miller, Terry E., and Sean Williams, eds. The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music, Volume 4: Southeast Asia. Garland, 1998. Including "Vietnam," by Phong Nguyen, pp. 444-517; "Minority Musics of Vietnam," by Phong Nguyen, pp. 531-536.
· Arana, Miranda. Neotraditional Music in Vietnam. International Association for Research in Vietnamese Music, 1999.
· Tr`ân, van Khê. La Musique Vietnamienne Traditionnelle. Presses Universitaires de France, 1962.
· Nguyen, Phong, Adelaida Reyes Schramm, and Patricia Shehan Campbell. Searching for a Niche: Vietnamese Music at Home in America. Viet Music Publications, 1995.
"The Infography about Vietnamese Music"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA