Archaeology -- Classic Mimbres
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is archaeology in the American Southwest.
· Anyon, Roger and Steven A. LeBlanc. 1984. The Galaz Ruin: A Prehistoric Mimbres Village in Southwestern New Mexico. Maxwell Museum of Anthroplogy and the University of New Mexico Press.
· Cosgrove, H. S. and C. B. Cosgrove. 1974. The Swarts Ruin: A Typical Mimbres Site in Southwestern New Mexico. Originally published as Papers of the Peabody Museum of American Archaeology and Ethnology 15, Peabody Museum, Harvard University, Republished by Kraus Reprint Co.
· Lekson, Steven H. 1990. Mimbres Archaeology of the Upper Gila. Anthropological Papers of the University of Arizona 53. University of Arizona Press.
· Nelson, Margaret. 1999. Mimbres During the Twelfth Century: Abandonment, Continuity, and Reorganization. University of Arizona Press.
· Woosley, Anne I. and Alan J. McIntyre. 1996. Mimbres Mogollon Archaeology: Charles C. Di Peso's Excavations at Wind Mountain. University of New Mexico Press.
· Shafer, Harry J. 1995. Architecture and Symbolism in Transitional Pueblo Development in the Mimbres Valley, SW New Mexico. Journal of Field Archaeology 22(1): 23-47.
· Shafer, Harry J. 1999. The Mimbres Classic and Postclasic: A Case for Discontinuity. in the Cass Grandes World, edited by Curtis F. Schaafsma and Carroll L. Riley, pp. 121-133. University of Utah Press.
· J. J. Brody. 1977. Mimbres Painted Pottery. University of New Mexico Press.
· LeBlanc, Steven A. 1983. The Mimbres People: Ancient Pueblo Painters of the American Southwest. Thames and Hudson.
· Moulard, Barbara. 1981. Within an Underworld Sky: Mimbres Ceramic Art in Context. Twelvetrees Press.
· Shafer, Harry J. 1985. A Mimbres Potter's Grave: An example of Mimbres Craft Specialization? Bulletin of the Texas Archeological Society 56: 185-200.
· Shafer, Harry J. and Anna J. Taylor. 1986. Mimbres Pueblo Dynamics and Ceramic Style Change. Journal of Field Archaoelogy 13(10): 43-68.
"The Infography about Classic Mimbres Archaeology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA