The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is commercial recreation.
· Crossley, J.C., Jamieson, L.M., and Brayley, R.E. (2001). Introduction to Commercial Recreation and Tourism: An Entrpreneurial Approach (4th edition). Sagamore Publishing Co.
· Jackson, R. (1997). Making Special Events Fit in the 21st Century. Sagamore Publishing Co.
· Sawyer, T.H., and Smith, O. (1999). The Management of Clubs, Recreation and Sport: Concepts and Applications. Sagamore Publishing Co.
· Schmader, S.W., and Jackson, R. (1997). Special Events: Inside and Out (2nd edition). Sagamore Publishing Co.
· Scott, J.T. (1998). Fundamentals of Leisure Business Success: A Manager's Guide to Achieving Success in the Leisure and Recreation Industry. Haworth Press.
· Weston, S.A. (1996). Commercial Recreation and Tourism: An Introduction to Business Oriented Recreation. Brown and Benchmark Publishers.
-- PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS--
(Note: Most of the professional associations offer publications such as monthly journals and/or annual reports or special reports about their industries.)
· American Bowling Congress. http://www.bowl.com/
· American Resort Development Association. http://www.arda.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home
· Amusement Industry Manufacturers and Suppliers, International. http://www.aimsintl.org/
· Club Managers Association of America. http://www.cmaa.org/
· Ice Skating Institute. http://www.skateisi.com/site
· International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. http://www.iaapa.org/
· International Association of Assembly Managers. http://www.iaam.org/
· International Association of Conference Centers. http://www.iacconline.com/
· International Association of Fairs and Expositions. http://www.fairsandexpos.com/
· International Association for the Leisure and Entertainment Industry. http://www.ialei.org/
· International Festivals and Events Association. http://www.ifea.com/
· International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association. http://cms.ihrsa.org/
· International Lazer Tag Association. http://www.lasertag.org/
· International Special Events Society. http://www.ises.com/
· Meeting Professionals International. http://www.mpiweb.org/cms/mpiweb/default.aspx
· National Golf Foundation. http://www.ngf.org/
· National Ski Areas Association. http://www.nsaa.org/nsaa/
· National Sporting Goods Association. http://www.nsga.org/public/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1
· Outdoor Amusement Business Association. http://www.oaba.org/
· SportsOneSource.com. http://www.sportsonesource.com/
· Professional Association of Dive Instructors (PADI). http://www.padi.com/
· Roller Skating Association International. http://www.rollerskating.com/
· Resort and Commercial Recreation Association. http://www.r-c-r-a.org/
· SnowSports Industries America. http://www.snowsports.org/
· Sportsplex Operators and Developers Association. http://www.sportsplexoperators.com/index.html
· Themed Entertainment Association. http://www.themeit.com/
· World Waterpark Association. http://www.waterparks.com/
"The Infography about Commercial Recreation"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA