Transportation -- Innovative Technologies
The following sources are recommended by a professor emeritus whose research specialty is future innovations in transportation.
· Anderson, J. Edward, Transit Systems Theory, Lexington Books: D.C. Heath, 1978.
· Burke, Catherine, Innovation and Public Policy: The Case of Personal Rapid Transit, Lexington Books: D.C. Heath, 1979. http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/burke.htm
· Schneider, Jerry B., Innovative Transportation Systems. This web site offers a wealth of information, including summaries and excerpts from many other sources of information. http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/
· Irving, Jack, et al., Fundamentals of Personal Rapid Transit, Lexington Books: D.C. Heath, 1978. http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/irving.htm
· Merritt, H. William, "Reflections on the New Systems Study Project," pp. 35-59 in Automated People Movers IV: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Automated People Movers, March 18-20, 1993, Irving, Texas, American Society of Civil Engineers, 1993. http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/reflec2.htm
· Cole, Leon M., and Harold W. Merritt, eds., Tomorrow's Transportation: New Systems for the Urban Future, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Office of Metropolitan Development, Urban Transportation Administration, 1968. Chapters available online: "Summary," pp. 1-5; "Recommended Future Systems," pp. 58-77. http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/tomtran.htm and http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/tomtrans.htm
· MacDonald, Raymond, 21st Century Personal Rapid Transit, Self-Published, 2003. http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/macdonald1.htm
· Henderson, Clark, et al., Future Urban Transportation Systems: Descriptions, Evaluations and Programs, Final Report, Volumes 1 and 2, Prepared for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development by the Stanford Research Institute, 1968.
· Advanced Transit Association, "Personal Rapid Transit: Another Option for Urban Transit?" Journal of Advanced Transportation, 2:3, 1988, pp. 192-314.
· Andreasson, Ingmar, Innovative Transit Systems, VINNOVA: Swedish Agency of Innovation Systems, 2001. http://www.vinnova.se/upload/EPiStorePDF/vr-01-03.pdf
· Anderson, J. Edward, "Some Lessons from the History of Personal Rapid Transit," paper presented at the International Conference on Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) and Other Emerging Transportation Systems, November 18-20, 1996, Minneapolis, Minnesota. http://www.advancedtransit.org/doc.aspx?id=1025
· Lowson, Martin, ULTra Urban Light Transport, Advanced Transport Systems. http://www.atsltd.co.uk/
· U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment, Automated Guideway Transit: An Assessment of PRT and Other New Systems, Prepared for the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Transportation Subcommittee, June 1975. http://ntl.bts.gov/lib/000/500/593/7503.htm
· Automated People Movers, series of international conference proceedings, American Society of Civil Engineers, 1985-present.
· Journal of Advanced Transportation, Institute for Transportation in cooperation with the Advanced Transit Association, 1966-present.
"The Infography about Innovative Technologies in Transportation"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA