Scott, Dred (1809-1858) -- Trials, Litigation
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Dred Scott Case.
· Stanley I. Kutler, ed., The Dred Scott Decision: Law or Politics? (Houghton Mifflin, 1967).
· Paul Finkelman, Dred Scott v. Sandford: A Brief History with Documents (Bedford Books, 1997).
· Don E. Fehrenbacher, The Dred Scott Case: Its Significance in American Law and Politics (Oxford University Press, 1978).
· Austin Allen, Origins of the Dred Scott Case: Jacksonian Jurisprudence and the Supreme Court, 1837-1857 (University of Georgia Press, 2006).
· Mark A. Graber, Dred Scott and the Problem of Constitutional Evil (Cambridge University Press, 2006).
· Christopher I. Eisgruber, "Dred Again: Originalism's Forgotten Past," 10 Constitutional Commentary 37 (1993).
· Keith E. Whittington, "The Road Not Taken: Dred Scott, Judicial Authority, and Political Questions," 63 Journal of Politics 365 (2001).
· Lea VanderVelde and Sandhya Subramanian, "Mrs. Dred Scott," 106 Yale Law Journal 1033 (1997).
· Cass R. Sunstein, "Dred Scott and Its Legacy," Great Cases in Constitutional Law (ed. Robert George) (Princeton University Press, 2000).
· John Lowell and Horace Gray, A Legal Review of Dred Scott (Crosby, Nichols, 1857).
· Roger Brooke Taney, "Supplement to the Dred Scott Decision," Memoir of Roger Brooke Taney (ed. Samuel Tyler) (John Murphy, 1872).
· John S. Visneski III, "What the Court Decided in Dred Scott v. Sandford," 32 American Journal of Legal History 373 (1988).
· Primary Documents in American History: Dred Scott v. Sandford (U.S. Library of Congress). http://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/ourdocs/DredScott.html
· The Dred Scott Case Collection (Washington University Libraries). http://library.wustl.edu/vlib/dredscott/index.html
"The Infography about the Dred Scott Case"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA