Farm Machinery Management
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is farm machinery management.
· American Society of Agricultural Engineers. ASAE Standards. Annual.
· Bowers, Wendell. Machinery Replacement Strategies. John Deere Service Publications, 1994.
· Cross, Timothy L., and Gregory M. Perry. "Depreciation Patterns for Agricultural Machinery." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 77 (1995): 194-204.
· Eidman, Vernon, Arne Hallam, Mitch Morehart, and Karen Klonsky. Commodity Costs and Returns Estimation Handbook: A Report of the AAEA Task Force on Commodity Costs and Returns. American Agricultural Economics Association, 1998.
· Lazarus, W.F. "Material on Farm Machinery Management and Building Rental." University of Minnesota. http://www.apec.umn.edu/faculty/wlazarus/interests-farmmachinery.html
· Rotz, C. Alan, and Wendell Bowers. "Repair and Maintenance Cost Data for Agricultural Equipment." American Society of Agricultural Engineers, 1991.
· Regional Official Guides. Guides that show the actual reported dealer and auctioneer prices for farm machinery, published quarterly by IRON Solutions. http://www.ironsolutions.com.
· Harsh, Stephen B., Larry J. Connor, and Gerald D. Schwab. Managing the Farm Business. Prentice Hall, 1981.
· Hofstrand, Don (compiler). Ag Decision Maker. Iowa State University Extension. Aa variety of fact sheets on farm management.
· AgDeal.com http://www.farmequipmentguide.com
· Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Department of Biological Systems Engineering. Definitive source on fuel consumption and horsepower measurements. http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/
"The Infography about Farm Machinery Management"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA