The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is bulimia.
· Jimerson, S. Eating Disorders. Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology Program, University of California, Santa Barbara. http://kady.education.ucsb.edu/jimerson/eatingdisorders.html
· Alexander-Mott, L., and Lumsden, D.B. (1994). Understanding Eating Disorders: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Obesity. Taylor and Francis.
· Graham, P.J. (1998). Eating Disorders and Obesity. Cambridge University Press.
· Smolak, L., Levine, M., and Striefel-Moore, R. (1996). The Developmental Psychopathology of Eating Disorders: Implications for Research, Prevention, and Treatment. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
· Szmukler, G., Dare, C., and Treasure, J. (1994). Handbook of Eating Disorders: Theory, Treatment and Research. John Wiley and Sons.
· Walsh, T.B., and Devlin, M. (1998). Eating disorders: Progress and problems. Science, 280, 1387-90.
· National Eating Disorders Organization (NEDO) http://www.kidsource.com/nedo/
· National Eating Disorders Association http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
· Bryant-Waugh, R., and Lask, B. (1995). Annotation: Eating disorders in children. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 36, 431-37.
· Garner, D.M. and Garfinkel, P.E. (1997). Handbook of Treatment for Eating Disorders. Guilford Press.
· Keel, P.K., Fulkerson, J.A., and Leon, G.R. (1997). Disordered eating precursors in pre- and early adolescent girls and boys. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 26(2), 203-16.
· Lewandowski, L., Gebing, T., Anthony, J., and O'Brien, W. (1997). Meta-analysis of cognitive-behavioral treatment studies for bulimia. Clinical Psychology Review, 17, 703-18.
· Robin, A.L., Gilroy, M., and Dennis, A.B. (1998). Treatment of eating disorders in children and adolescents. Clinical Psychology Review, 18(4), 421-46.
· Stewart, A.W. (1997). Pharmacotherapy of bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorders: Longer-term outcomes. Psychopharmacology Bulletin, 33, 433-36.
· Stice, E., and Agras, W.S. (1998). Predicting onset and cessation of bulimic behaviors during adolescence: A longitudinal grouping analysis. Behavior Therapy, 29, 257-76.
· Sullivan, P., Bulik, C., and Kendler, K. (1998). Genetic epidemiology of binging and vomiting. British Journal of Psychiatry, 173, 75-79.
· Wilfley, D., and Cohen, L. (1997). Psychological treatment of bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder. Psychopharmacology Bulletin, 33, 437-54.
"The Infography about Bulimia"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA