Construction -- Straw Bale
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is straw bale construction.
· C. Magwood and P. Mack. 2000. Straw Bale Building: How to Plan, Design and Build with Straw. New Society Publishers, 234 pp.
· K. Haggard and S. Clark. 2000. Straw Bale Construction Sourcebook. California Straw Building Association, 37 pp.
· B. King. 1996. Buildings of Earth and Straw: Structural Design for Rammed Earth and Straw Bale Houses. Ecological Design Press, 169 pp.
· M. Myhrman and S.O. MacDonald. 1997. Build It with Bales, Version 2. Out on Bale, 143 pp.
· A. Swentzell, B. Steen, and D.A. Bainbridge, with D. Eisenberg. 1994. The Straw Bale House. Chelsea Green Publishing, 297 pp.
· The Last Straw. http://www.thelaststraw.org/
· Development Center for Appropriate Technology (DCAT). http://www.dcat.net/
· B. King. 1998. Straw bale construction. Building Standards 67(5):18-24.
· K. Haggard and P. Cooper. 1998. Rising from the ashes: a study in sustainability. Solar Today (September/October): 26-30.
· C. Wanek. 1998. The Straw Bale Solution. NetWorks Productions, 30-minute video.
· C. Wanek. 1996. Straw-Bale Code Testing. Black Range Films, 40-minute video.
· S. Kemble and C. Escott. 1996. How to Build Your Elegant Home with Straw Bales. Sustainable Systems Support, 90-minute video and 60-pp. manual.
· D. Cartier. 1996. Straw Bale Bibliography. Environmental Studies, University of Nevada, 30 pp.
· Natural Building Resources. http://www.strawbalecentral.com/
· Dawn SouthWest. http://www.greenbuilder.com/dawn/
"The Infography about Straw Bale Construction"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA