Party Government in Parliamentary Democracies
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is parliamentary democracies.
· Michael Laver and Norman Schofield. 1998. Multiparty Government: The Politics of Coalition in Europe. University of Michigan Press. (Reprint, with new preface, of book published in 1990 by Cambridge University Press.)
· Kaare Strom. 1990. Minority Government and Majority Rule. Cambridge University Press.
· Michael Laver and Kenneth Shepsle. 1996. Making and Breaking Governments: Cabinets and Legislatures in Parliamentary Democracies. Cambridge University Press.
· Gary King, James E. Alt, Nancy Elizabeth Burns, and Michael Laver. 1990. "A Unified Model of Cabinet Dissolution in Parliamentary Democracies." American Journal of Political Science 34, no. 3 (Aug.): 846-871.
· Norman Schofield. 1993. "Political Competition and Multiparty Coalition Governments." European Journal of Political Research 23, no. 1 (Jan.): 1-33.
· Carol Mershon. 2002. The Costs of Coalition. Stanford University Press.
"The Infography about Party Government in Parliamentary Democracies"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA