The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is nonprofit governance.
· Chait, R.P., Holland, T.P., and Taylor, B.E. (1996). Improving the Effectiveness of Governing Boards. Oryx Press.
· Herman, R.D., and Til, J.V. (1989). Nonprofit Boards of Directors: Analyses and Applications. Transaction Publishers.
· Holland, T.P., and Hester, D.C. (2000). Building Effective Boards for Religious Organizations: A Handbook for Trustees, Presidents, and Church Leaders. Jossey-Bass.
· Smith, D.H. (1995). Entrusted: The Moral Responsibilities of Trusteeship. Indiana University Press.
· Taylor, B.E., Chait, R.P., and Holland, T.P. (Sept. 1996). "The New Work of the Nonprofit Board." Harvard Business Review, Vol. 74, No. 5, pp. 36-46.
· Young, D.R., Hollister, R.M, and Hodgkinson, V.A. (1993). Governing, Leading, and Managing Nonprofit Organizations. Jossey-Bass.
"The Infography about Nonprofit Governance"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA