Microscopy -- Atomic Force
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is atomic force microscopy.
· There's Plenty of Room at the Bottom: An Invitation to Enter a New Field of Physics, Richard Feynman (1959). An inspirational speech. http://www.zyvex.com/nanotech/feynman.html
· Scanning Probe Microscopy and Spectroscopy: Theory, Techniques and Applications, D.A. Bonnell (ed.), Wiley, (2000). Previous edition (with a different title): Scanning Tunneling Microscopy and Spectroscopy: Theory, Techniques and Applications, D.A. Bonnell (ed.), VCH Publishers, (1993). For the basics.
· Fundamentals of Friction: Macroscopic and Microscopic Processes, I.L. Singer and H.M. Pollock, eds., NATO ASI Series E220, Kluwer Academic, (1992). For tribological themes.
· Contact Mechanics, K.L. Johnson, Cambridge University Press, (1985).
· Nanoindentation, H.M. Pollock, 1992, ASM Handbook, Vol 18 pages 419-29.
· Intermolecular and Surface Forces, J.N. Israelachvili, Academic Press, (1992).
· "Looking at Atoms," N. Burnham, Highlights for Children, pp. 16-17, September 1991.
· "Stroking Molecules," N. Burnham, Highlights for Children, pp. 16-17, February 2000.
· "A Beginner's Guide to Materials Properties Measurements, Part II"; "A Beginner's Guide to LPM Materials Properties Measurements, Part I: Conceptual Aspects"; and "A Beginner's Guide to LPM Materials Properties Measurements, Part II: Experimental Aspects"; N.A. Burnham, A.J. Kulik, F. Oulevey, C. Mayencourt, D. Gourdon, E. Dupas and G. Gremaud, in Micro/Nanotribology and Its Applications, B. Bhushan, ed., NATO ASI Series E330, Kluwer Academic (1997), pp. 421-54.
· "Friction Anisotropy and Asymmetry of a Compliant Monolayer Induced by a Small Molecular Tilt," M. Liley, D.Gourdon, D. Stamou, U. Meseth, T.M.Fischer, C. Lautz, H. Stahlberg, H. Vogel, N.A. Burnham and C. Duschl, Science 280, 273-75 (1998).
· "Surface Forces and Adhesion," N.A. Burnham and A.J. Kulik, in Handbook of Micro/Nanotribology, B. Bhushan, ed., 2nd edition, CRC Press (1999), pp. 247-71.
"The Infography about Atomic Force Microscopy"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA