Philosophy of Mind and Psychology
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Neurophilosophy.
· Daniel Dennett: Brainstorms (Bradford Press, MIT, 1978).
· Donald Davidson: Essays on Acions and Events (Oxford University Press, 1980).
· Hilary Putnam: Mind, Language and Reality (Cambridge University Press, 1975).
· John Searle: The Rediscovery of Mind (MIT Press, 1992).
· P.S. Churchland: Neurophilosophy (MIT Press, 1986).
· Jerry Fodor: Representations: Philosophical Essays on the Foundations of Cognitive Science (MIT Press, 1981).
· Ludwig Wittgenstein: Philosophical Investigations (Blackwell, 1953). A profound work showing the difficulties with Cartesian ways of thinking.
· Noam Chomsky: Review of B.F. Skinner's 'Verbal Behavior' in the journal called "Language," vol. 35, pp. 26-58. 1959. This was the first and most devastating critique of behaviourism.
"The Infography about the Philosophy of Mind and Psychology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA