Weather Forecasting -- Economic Aspects
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the economic benefits of meteorological information.
· Katz, R.W., and A.H. Murphy, eds. (1997) Economic Value of Weather and Climate Forecasts. Cambridge University Press.
· Katz, R.W. Economic Value of Weather and Climate Forecasts: Case Studies. National Center for Atmospheric Research. http://www.isse.ucar.edu/HP_rick/esig.html
· NOAA Economic and Social Sciences Library. U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. http://www.economics.noaa.gov/library/library.htm
· Nutter, A., J. Oxelson, and B. Klein. Weather and Climate Forecast Use and Value Bibliography. University of Colorado. http://sciencepolicy.colorado.edu/biblio/index.html
· Stern, P.C., and W.E. Easterling, eds. (1999) Making Climate Forecasts Matter. National Research Council Report, National Academy Press.
· World Meteorological Organization. (1990) Economic and Social Benefits of Meteorological and Hydrological Services: Proceedings of the Technical Conference, Geneva, 26-30 March 1990. WMO No. 733. World Meteorological Organization.
· Adams, R.M., et al. (1995) "Value of Improved Long-Range Weather Information." Contemporary Economic Policy 13: 10-19.
· Hammer, G.L., N. Nicholls, and C. Mitchell, eds. (2000) Applications of Seasonal Climate Forecasting in Agricultural and Natural Ecosystems: The Australian Experience. Kluwer.
· Hilton, R.W. (1981) "The Determinants of Information Value: Synthesizing Some General Results." Management Science 27: 57-64.
· Jolliffe, I.T., and D.B. Stephenson, eds. (2003) Forecast Verification: A Practitioner's Guide in Atmospheric Science. Wiley.
· Lazo, J.K., and L. Chestnut, Straus Consulting. (2002) Economic Value of Current and Improved Weather Forecasts in the U.S. Household Sector. U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. http://www.economics.noaa.gov/library/library.htm
· Maunder, W.J. (1989) The Human Impact of Climate Uncertainty: Weather Information, Economic Planning, and Business Management. Routledge.
"The Infography about the Economic Aspects of Weather Forecasting"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA