The following sources are recommended by a professor emeritus whose research specialty is weaving.
· Master Weaver Library. Zielinski, S.A. 22 vols. Nilus Leclerc, 1979.
· Watson's Textile Design and Colour: Elementary Weaves and Figured Fabrics. Grosicki, Z. Butterworth, 1975.
· A Handbook of Weaves. Oelsner, G.H. Dover, 1976.
· Handloom Weaving Technology. Fannin, A.A. Lyons Press, 1998.
· On-Line Digital Archive of Documents on Weaving and Related Topics. Griswold, R., and Parrish, T., eds. University of Arizona. http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/weavedocs.html
· Weaving Draft Archive. http://www.handweaving.net/Home.aspx
· A Treatise on the Art of Weaving. Murphy, J. Blackie and Son, 1842.
· Technology of Textile Design. Posselt, E.A. By the author, 1906.
· Grammar of Textile Design. Nisbet, H. Taraporevala Sons, 1961.
· Watson's Advanced Textile Design. Grosicki, Z. Butterworth, 1977.
· The Complete Book of Drafting for Handweavers. van der Hoogt, M. Shuttle Craft Books, 1993.
· Handwoven. A journal. Interweave Press, 1975-present. http://www.interweave.com/weave/handwoven_magazine/
· Learning to Weave. Chandler, D. Interweave Press, 1995.
"The Infography about Weaving"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA