Psychology of Religion
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the psychology of religion.
· R.W. Hood, Jr. (1998). Psychology of Religion. In W.H. Swatos, Jr. (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Religion and Society, pp. 388-391, AltaMira Publishing.
· P.S. Richards and A.E. Bergin (Eds.) (2000). Handbook of Psychotherapy and Religious Diversity. American Psychological Association.
· R.W. Hood, Jr., B. Spilka, B. Hunsberger, and R. Gorsuch (1996). The Psychology of Religion: An Empirical Approach (2nd ed.). Guilford Press.
· D.M. Wulff (1997). The Psychology of Religion: Classic and Contemporary (2nd ed.). Wiley Press.
· P.C. Hill and R.W. Hood, Jr. (Eds.) (1999). Measures of Religiosity. Religious Education Press.
· M.E. Nielsen (2000). Psychology of Religion Pages. http://www.psywww.com/psyrelig/
· R.L. Gorsuch (1988). The Psychology of Religion. Annual Review of Psychology, 39, 201-221.
· S.L. Jones (1994). A Constructive Relationship for Religion with the Science and Profession of Psychology. American Psychologist, 49, 184-199.
· H.G. Koenig (Ed.) (1998). Handbook of Religion and Mental Health. Academic Press.
· W.W. Meissner (1984). Psychoanalysis and Religious Experience. Yale University Press.
· P.S. Richards and A.E. Bergin (1997). A Spiritual Strategy for Counseling and Psychotherapy. American Psychological Association.
· K.I. Pargament (1997). The Psychology of Religion and Coping: Theory, Research, Practice. Guilford Press.
· E.P. Shafranske (1995). Religion and the Clinical Practice of Psychology. American Psychological Association.
· C.T. Tart (1975). Transpersonal Psychologies. Harper Press.
"The Infography about the Psychology of Religion"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA