Drug Abuse Prevention
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the prevention of drug abuse.
· Botvin, G.J., E. Baker, L. Dusenbury, E.M. Botvin, and T. Diaz. 1995. "Long-Term Followup Results of a Randomized Drug Abuse Prevention Trial in a White Middle-Class Population." Journal of the American Medical Association 273(14): 1106-1112.
· Hawkins, J.D., R.F. Catalano, and J.Y. Miller. 1992. "Risk and Protective Factors for Alcohol and Other Drug Problems in Adolescence and Early Adulthood: Implications for Substance Abuse Prevention." Psychological Bulletin 112(1): 64-105.
· National Institute on Drug Abuse. 1998. National Conference on Drug Abuse Prevention Research: Presentations, Papers, and Recommendations. NIH Publication No. 98-4293.
· Pentz, M.A., J.H. Dwyer, D.P. MacKinnon, B.R. Flay, W.B. Hansen, E.Y. Wang, and C.A. Johnson. 1989. "A Multi-Community Trial for Primary Prevention of Adolescent Drug Abuse: Effects on Drug Use Prevalence." Journal of the American Medical Association 261(22): 3259-3266.
· Petraitis, J. and B.R. Flay. 1995. "Reviewing Theories of Adolescent Substance Use: Organizing Pieces of the Puzzle." Psychological Bulletin 117(1): 67-86.
· Tobler, N.S. 1992. "Drug Prevention Programs Can Work: Research Findings." Journal of Addictive Diseases 11(3): 1-28.
· Glantz, M. and R. Pickens. 1992. Vulnerability to Drug Abuse. American Psychological Association.
· Sloboda, Z. and S.L. David. Preventing Drug Use among Children and Adolescents: A Research-Based Guide. 1997. NIH Publication No.97-4212.
"The Infography about Drug Abuse Prevention"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA