Culture and Cuisine
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is ethnic cuisine.
· Kitchens: The Culture of Restaurant Work. Gary Fine. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1996.
· Consuming Passions: Food in the Age of Anxiety. Sian Griffiths and Jennifer Wallace. Mandolin Press, 1998.
· Eat Fat. Richard Klein. New York: Vintage Books, 1996.
· Food and Culture: A Reader. Carole Counihan and Penny Van Esterik, eds. New York: Routledge, 1997.
· Through the Kitchen Window: women explore the intimate meanings of food and cooking. Arlene Voski Avakian, ed. Boston: Beacon Press, 1997.
· Fast Food. John A. Jakle and Keith Sculle. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1999.
· We Are What We Eat: Ethnic Food and the Making of Americans. Donna R. Gabaccia. Harvard University Press, 1998.
· Consuming Culture: Why You Eat What You Eat. Jeremy MacClancy. Henry Holt, 1992
· The Taste of American Place: A Reader on Regional and Ethnic Foods. Barbara G. Shortridge and James R. Shortridge, eds. Rowman and Littlefield, 1998.
· A Woman's Place is in the Kitchen: The Evolution of Women Chefs. Ann Cooper. Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1998.
· The Politics of Fat: Food and Nutrition Policy in America. Laura S. Sims. M.E. Sharpe, 1998.
· Fading Feast: A Compendium of Disappearing American Regional Foods. Raymond Sokolov. Godine Publishing, 1998.
· Dimensions of the Meal: The Science, Culture, Business, and Art of Eating. Herbert L. Meiselman. Gaithersburg, My: Aspen, 2000.
· Art, Culture, and Cuisine: Ancient and Medieval Gastronomy. Phyllis Pray Bober. University of Chicago Press, 1999.
"The Infography about Culture and Cuisine"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA