The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Old South.
· Clement Eaton, A History of the Old South: The Emergence of a Reluctant Nation. Macmillan (1975).
· C. Van Woodward, The Burden of Southern History. Louisiana State University Press (1960).
· Frank L. Owsley, Plain Folk in the Old South. Louisiana State University Press (1949).
· Wilbur J. Cash, Mind of the South. Doubleday (1941).
· Allan Nevins, Ordeal of the Union, 2 vols. With a new introduction by James M. McPherson. Maxwell Macmillan (1992).
· John Hope Franklin, From Slavery to Freedom: A History of African Americans. McGraw-Hill (2000).
"The Infography about the Old South"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA