Native American Folklore
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Native American folklore.
· Brian Swann, ed., Coming to Light: Contemporary Translations of the Native Literatures of North America (Random House, 1994)
· Dell Hymes, "In Vain I Tried to Tell You: Essays in Native American Ethnopoetics (University of Pennsylvania Press, 1981).
· Dennis Tedlock, The Spoken Word and the Work of Interpretation (University of Pennsylvania Press, 1983)
· Brian Swann, ed., On the Translations of Native American Literatures (Smithsonian Institution Press, 1992)
· Joel Sherzer and Anthony Woodbury, eds., Native American Discourse: Poetics and Rhetoric (Cambridge University Press, 1987)
· Karl Kroeber, ed., Traditional Literatures of the American Indian: Texts and Interpretations (University of Nebraska Press, 1981)
"The Infography about Native American Folklore"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA