Schools -- Urban
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is urban schools.
· Jeffrey R. Henig, Richard C. Hula, Marion Orr, and Desiree S. Pedescleaux. 1999. The Color of School Reform: Race, Politics, and the Challenge of Urban Education. Princeton Unversity.
· Paul T. Hill, Christine Campbell, and James Harvey. 2000. It Takes a City: Getting Serious about Urban School Reform. Brookings Institution.
· Frederick M. Hess. 1999. Spinning Wheels: The Politics of Urban School Reform. Brookings Institution.
· Donald R. McAdams. 2000. Fighting to Save Our Urban Schools...and Winning! Lessons from Houston. Teachers College Press.
· Paul E. Peterson. 1976. School Politics, Chicago Style. University of Chicago.
· Clarence N. Stone (ed.). 1998. Changing Urban Education. University of Kansas.
· Jean Anyon. 1997. Ghetto Schooling: A Political Economy of Urban Educational Reform. Teachers College.
· Frederick M. Hess and David L. Leal. 2001. "The opportunity to engage: How race, class, and institutions structure access to educational deliberation." Educational Policy, 15(3): 474-490.
· John Portz, Lana Stein, and Robin R. Jones. 1999. City Schools and City Politics: Institutions and Leadership in Pittsburgh, Boston, and St. Louis. University of Kansas.
"The Infography about Urban Schools"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA