The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is witch trials.
· Boyer, Paul, and Stephen Nissenbaum. Salem Possessed: The Social Origins of Witchcraft. Harvard University Press, 1974.
· Demos, John Putnam. Entertaining Satan: Witchcraft and the Culture of Early New England. Oxford University Press, 1983.
· Hill, Frances. A Delusion of Satan: The Full Story of the Salem Witch Trials. Da Capo Press, 1997.
· Karlsen, Carol F. The Devil in the Shape of a Woman: Witchcraft in Colonial New England. Vintage, 1989.
· Mappen, Marc. Witches and Historians: Interpretations of Salem. R.E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1980.
· Salem Witch Trials Documentary Archive and Transcription Project. Supported by the Electronic Text Center, Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities, Special Collections Department, and the Geospatial and Statistical Data Center at the University of Virginia, in conjunction with the Boston Public Library, Danvers Archival Center, Peabody Essex Museum, Massachusetts Archives, and the Massachusetts Historical Society. http://etext.virginia.edu/salem/witchcraft/home.html
· Boyer, Paul, and Stephen Nissenbaum, eds. Salem-Village Witchcraft: A Documentary Record of Local Conflict in Colonial New England. Wadsworth Pub. Co., 1972.
· Hall, David. Witch Hunting in Seventeenth Century New England: A Documentary History, 1638-1693. Second Edition. Northeastern University Press, 1999.
· National Geographic's Interactive Salem Witchcraft Hysteria. National Geographic Society. http://www3.nationalgeographic.com/salem/
· Norton, Mary Beth. In the Devil's Snare: The Salem Witchcraft Crisis of 1692. Knopf, 2002.
· Pisano, Victor. Three Sovereigns for Sarah. Directed by Philip Leacock. Performed by Vanessa Redgrave. VHS videotape. Night Owl Productions for WETA-TV, 1985.
· Rosenthal, Bernard. Salem Story: Reading the Witch Trials of 1692. Cambridge University Press, 1993.
· Starkey, Marion Lena. The Devil in Massachusetts, A Modern Inquiry into the Salem Witch Trials. A.A. Knopf, 1949.
"The Infography about Witch Trials"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA