Medicine -- Traditional -- Japan
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is traditional medicine in Japan.
· Kuriyama, Shigehisa, 1992, Between Mind and Eye: Japanese Anatomy in the Eighteenth Century, in C. Leslie and A. Young, eds., Paths to Asian Medical Knowledge, University of California Press
· Lock, Margaret, 1980, East Asian Medicine in Urban Japan: Varieties of Medical Experience, University of California Press
· LaFleur, William, 1992, Liquid Life: Abortion and Buddhism in Japan, Princeton University Press
· Hardacre, Helen, 1997, Marketing the Menacing Fetus in Japan, University of California Press
· Lock, Margaret, 1993, Encounters with Aging: Mythologies of Menopause in Japan and North America, University of California Press
· Kuriyama, Shigehisa, 1999, The Exressiveness of the Body and the Divergence of Greek and Chinese Medicine, MIT Press. This source, although not about Japan directly, has direct reference to traditional systems of thought about the body in Japan.
"The Infography about Traditional Japanese Medicine"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA