Oil Industry -- United States -- Early History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of the American oil industry.
· Black, Brian C. Petrolia: The Landscape of America's First Oil Boom. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000.
· Olien, Roger M., and Diana Davids Olien. Oil and Ideology: The American Oil Industry, 1859-1945. UNC Press, 2000.
· Yergin, Daniel. The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money and Power. Simon and Schuster, 1992.
· Dept of Energy Annual Energy Review. http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/aer/contents.html
· The Oil Century. National Public Radio series. http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2001/mar/010307.spindletop.html
· Pees, Samuel T. Oil History. http://www.oilhistory.com/
· Giddens, Paul H. The Birth of the Oil Industry. Macmillan, 1938.
· Giddens, Paul H. Early Days of Oil: A Pictorial History of the Beginnings of the Industry in Pennsylvania. Princeton University Press, 1948.
· Melosi, Martin. Coping with Abundance. Temple University Press, 1985.
· Williamson, Harold F., and Arnold R. Daum. The American Petroleum Industry: The Age of Illumination, 1859-1899. Northwestern University Press, 1959.
"The Infography about the Early History of the Oil Industry in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA