The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is semiotics.
· The Center for Applied Semiotics. Indiana University. http://crlt.indiana.edu/partners/cas.html
· Danesi, M. ( 1998). Sign, Thought and Culture. Canadian Scholars' Press.
· Innis, R. (Ed.). (1983). Semiotics: An Introductory Anthology. Indiana University Press.
· Ransdell, J. Arisbe: The Peirce Gateway. http://www.cspeirce.com/
· Ryder, M. Semiotics. University of Colorado at Denver. http://carbon.cudenver.edu/~mryder/itc/semiotics.html
· Sebeok, T. (1994). Signs: An Introduction to Semiotics. University of Toronto Press.
· Cunningham, D.J. (1992). Beyond educational psychology: Steps toward an educational semiotic. Educational Psychology Review, 4, 165-194.
· Cunningham, D. J. Cognition and Semiotics. Indiana University. http://php.indiana.edu/~ccolon/Semiotics/
· Cunningham, D.J. (1998). Cognition as semiosis: The role of inference. Theory and Psychology, 8, 827-840.
· Buchler, J. (Ed.). (1955). Philosophical Writings of Peirce. Dover.
· Deely, J. (1982). Introducing Semiotics. Indiana University Press.
· Deely, J. (1990). Basics of Semiotics. Indiana University Press.
· Deely, J., Williams, B., and Kruse, F. (Eds.). (1986). Frontiers of Semiotics. Indiana University Press.
· Eco, U. (1976). A Theory of Semiotics. Indiana University Press.
· Eco, U. (1990). The Limits of Interpretation. Indiana University Press.
· Fiske, J. (1982). Introduction to Communication Studies. Methuen.
· Gardner, H. (1985). The Mind's New Science. Basic Books.
· Hawkes, T. (1977). Structuralism and Semiotics. University of California Press.
· Lakoff, G., and Johnson, M. (1980). Metaphors We Live By. University of Chicago Press.
· Lemke, J. (1990). Talking Science: Language, Learning and Values. Ablex.
· Maturana, H.R., and Varela, F.J. (1987). The Tree of Knowledge: The Biological Roots of Human Understanding. New Science Library.
· Noth, Winfried. (1990). Handbook of Semiotics. Indiana University Press.
· Solomon, J. (1988). The Signs of Our Time. Jeremy P. Tarcher.
· Sebeok, T. (1991). A Sign Is Just a Sign. Indiana University Press.
"The Infography about Semiotics"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA