English Language -- Pidgins and Creoles
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Arends, Jacques, Pieter Muysken, and Norval Smith, eds. Pidgins and Creoles: An Introduction. Benjamins, 1994.
· Balutansky, Kathleen M., and Marie-Agnes Sourieau, eds. Caribbean Creolization: Reflections on the Cultural Dynamics of Language Literature, and Identity. University of Florida Press, 1998; University of West Indies Press, 1998.
· Byrne, Francis, and John Holm, eds. Atlantic Meets Pacific: A Global View of Pidginization and Creolization: Elected Papers from the Society for Pidgin and Creole Linguistics. Benjamins, 1993.
· The Creolist Archives. http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/creolist.html
· Dwyer, David James. An Introduction to West African Pidgin English. African Studies Center, Michigan State University Press, for the United States Peace Corps, 1969.
· Holm, John. Pidgins and Creoles. 2 vols. Cambridge University Press, 1988-1989.
"The Infography about Pidgin and Creole Dialects of the English Language"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA