Africa -- Politics and Government
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is politics and government in Africa.
· Herbst, Jeffrey. States and Power in Africa: Comparative Lessons in Authority and Control (Princeton University Press, 2000).
· Bayart, Jean-Francois. The State in Africa: The Politics of the Belly (Longman, 1993).
· Reno, William. Warlord Politics and African States (Lynne Rienner, 1998).
· van de Walle, Nicolas. African Economies and the Politics of Permanent Crisis, 1979-1999 (Cambridge University Press, 2001).
· Schatzberg, Michael. Political Legitimacy in Middle Africa (Indiana University Press, 2001).
· Jackson, Robert, and Carl Rosberg. "Why Africa's Weak States Persist: The Empirical and the Juridical in Statehood," World Politics 35, 1 (1982), pp. 1-24.
· Africa Confidential. http://www.africa-confidential.com/
· Africa Politics Online. http://www.africapoliticsonline.com/
· The Africa Program of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. http://www.wilsoncenter.org/index.cfm?topic_id=1417&fuseaction=topics.home
· African Politics and Government on the Internet. Stanford University. http://www-sul.stanford.edu/africa/poli1.html
· Ekeh, Peter. "Colonialism and the Two Publics in Africa: A Theoretical Statement," Comparative Studies in Society and History 17, 1 (1975), pp. 91-112.
· Engelbert, Pierre. State Legitimacy and Development in Africa (Lynne Rienner, 2000).
· Hyden, Goran. No Shortcuts to Progress: African Development Management in Perspective (University of California Press, 1983).
· The Keele Guide to African Government and Politics on the Internet. Keele University. http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/por/afbase.htm
· Posner, Daniel. Institutions and Ethnic Politics in Africa (Cambridge University Press, 2005).
· Sandbrook, Richard. "The State and Economic Stagnation in Tropical Africa," World Development 14, 3 (1986), pp. 319-33.
· The World Factbook. U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
· Young, Crawford. The African Colonial State in Comparative Perspective (Yale University Press, 1994).
"The Infography about African Politics and Government"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA