Radio -- History -- Invention
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the invention of the radio.
· Aitken, Hugh G.J. Syntony and Spark: The Origins of Radio. Wiley Interscience, 1976; reprinted by Princeton University Press, 1985.
· Aitken, Hugh G.J. The Continuous Wave: Technology and American Radio, 1900-1932. Princeton University Press, 1985.
· Blake, G.G. History of Radio Telegraphy and Telephony. Chapman and Hall, 1928; reprinted by Arno Press, 1974.
· Douglas, Susan J. Inventing American Broadcasting, 1899-1922. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1987.
· Fahie, J.J. A History of Wireless Telegraphy, 1838-1899. William Blackwood, 1899, 1901; reprinted by Arno Press, 1971.
· Maclaurin, W. Rupert. Invention and Innovation in the Radio Industry. Macmillan, 1949; reprinted by Arno Press, 1971.
· Brittain, James E. Alexanderson: Pioneer in American Electrical Engineering. Johns Hopkins University Press "Studies in the History of Technology," 1992.
· Buchwald, Jed Z. The Creation of Scientific Effects: Heinrich Hertz and Electric Waves. University of Chicago Press, 1994.
· Coe, Lewis. Wireless Radio: A Brief History. McFarland, 1996.
· De Forest, Lee. Father of Radio. Wilcox and Follett, 1950.
· Dunlap, Orrin E., Jr. Radio's 100 Men of Science: Biographical Narratives of Pathfinders in Electronics and Television. Harper, 1944; reprinted by Books for Libraries, 1971.
· Eastwood, Sir Eric, ed. Wireless Telegraphy. John Wiley "Royal Institution's Library of Science," 1974.
· Fessenden, Helen. Fessenden, Builder of Tomorrows. Coward-McCann, 1940; reprinted by Arno Press, 1974.
· Hawks, Ellison. Pioneers of Wireless. Methuen, 1927.
· Jolly, W.P. Marconi. Stein and Day, 1972.
· Kraeuter, David W. Radio and Television Pioneers: A Patent Bibliography. Scarecrow Press, 1992.
· Kraeuter, David W. British Radio and Television Pioneers: A Patent Bibliography. Scarecrow Press, 1993.
· Lessing, Lawrence. Man of High Fidelity: Edwin Howard Armstrong. Lippincott, 1956.
· Lewis, Thomas S.W. Empire of the Air: The Men Who Made Radio. HarperCollins, 1991.
· Lodge, Oliver J. The Work of Hertz and Some of His Successors. The Electrician, 1894, 1899, 1900; 1900 edition reprinted by Arno Press, 1974, 2001.
· MacGregor-Morris, John T. The Inventor of the Valve: A Biography of Sir Ambrose Fleming. Television Society, 1954.
· McNicol, Donald. Radio's Conquest of Space. Murray Hill Books, 1946; reprinted by Arno Press, 1971.
· Morse, A.H. Radio: Beam and Broadcast; Its Story and Patents. Ernest Benn, 1925.
· U.S. Television Chronology. http://members.aol.com/jeff560/chronotv.html
"The Infography about the Invention of the Radio"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA