Radio Programming -- United States -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of radio programming in the United States.
· On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radios, John Dunning, (1998) Oxford University Press.
· Reruns on File: A Guide to Electronic Media Archives, edited by Donald G. Godfrey, (1992) Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
· A Thirty-Year History of Programs Carried on National Radio Networks in the United States, 1926-1956, Harrison B. Summers, (1971) Arno Press.
· The Encyclopedia of American Radio: An A-Z Guide to Radio from Jack Benny to Howard Stern, Ronald W. Lackmann, (1999) Facts on File, Inc.
· Handbook of Old-Time Radio: A Comprehensive Guide to Golden Age Radio Listening and Collecting, Jon D. Swartz, Robert C. Reinehr, (1993) Scarecrow Press.
· Listening In: Radio and the American Imagination, from Amos 'n' Andy and Edward R. Murrow to Wolfman Jack and Howard Stern, Susan J. Douglas (1999) Random House.
· Sources of Broadcast Audio Programming, Marvin R. Bensman, (1975) National Institute of Education ERIC/RCS Clearinghouse; a microfiche discography of resource material available for research and teaching.
· Obtaining Old Radio Programs: A List of Sources for Research and Teaching, Marvin R. Bensman, Journal of Popular Culture, Volume 12:2 (Summer 1979).
· The Preservation of Electronic Media Archives, Marvin R. Bensman, forward of book, Reruns On File: A Guide to Electronic Media Archives, (1991) Lawrence Erlbaum and Associates.
· Radio Broadcast Programming for Research and Teaching, Marvin R. Bensman, Journal of Radio Studies (Spring 1993).
· Encyclopedia of Popular Culture, edited by Frank Chorba, (1998) Greenwood Press.
· Historical Dictionary of American Radio, edited by Donald G. Godfrey and Frederic A. Leigh, (1998) Greenwood Press.
· History of the Mass Media in the United States: An Encyclopedia, edited by Margaret A. Blanchard, (1998) Fitzroy Dearborn Publishers.
· Radio Drama: A Comprehensive Chronicle of American Network Programs, 1932-1962, by Martin Grams, (2000) McFarland and Co.
· Talking Radio: An Oral History of American Radio in the Television Age, edited by Michael C. Keith, (2000) M.E. Sharpe.
"The Infography about the History of Radio Programming in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA