Frontiers -- America -- Western
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the western frontiers of America.
· Hall, Thomas D. Social Changes in the Southwest, 1350-1880. University Press of Kansas, 1989.
· Jacobs, Wilbur R. On Turner's Trail: 100 Years of Writing Western History. University Press of Kansas, 1994.
· Jordan, Terry. North-American Cattle Frontiers: Origins, Diffusion, and Differentiation. University of New Mexico Press, 1993.
· Slatta, Richard W. Comparing Cowboys and Frontiers. University of Oklahoma Press, 1997.
· Vernam, Glenn R. Man on Horseback: The Story of the Mounted Man from the Scythians to the American Cowboys. University of Nebraska Press, 1964.
· Weber, David. The Spanish Frontier in North America. Yale University Press, 1994.
"The Infography about the Western Frontier in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA