Amphibian Skin -- Chemosensory Function
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is amphibian skin.
· Jorgensen, C.B. "Robert Townson's observation on amphibian water economy revived." Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology 109A:325-334. 1994.
· Stille, W.T. "The nocturnal amphibian fauna of the southern Lake Michigan beach." Ecology 33:149-162. 1952.
· Stille, W.T. "The water absorption response of an anuran." Copeia 1958:217-218. 1958.
· Hillyard, S.D., K. von Seckendorff Hoff, and C.R. Propper. "The water absorption response: A behavioral assay for physiological processes in terrestrial amphibians." Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 71:127-138. 1998.
· Nagai, T., H. Koyama, K. Hoff, and S.D. Hillyard. "Desert toads discriminate salt taste with chemosensory function of the ventral skin." Journal of Comparative Neurology 408:125-136. 1999.
· Sullivan, P.A., K. Hoff, and S.D. Hillyard. "Effects of anion substitution on hydration behavior and water uptake of the red-spotted toad, Bufo punctatus: Is there an anion paradox in amphibian skin?" Chemical Senses 25:167-1172. 2000.
"The Infography about the Chemosensory Function of Amphibian Skin"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA