The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is cowboys.
· Abbott, Edward Charles, and Helena Huntington Smith. We Pointed Them North: Recollections of a Cowpuncher. 1939. Reprint. University of Oklahoma Press, 1955.
· Dary, David. Cowboy Culture: A Saga of Five Centuries. University Press of Kansas, 1989.
· Rollins, Philip Ashton. The Cowboy: Unconventional History of Civilization on the Old-Time Range. 1922. Reprint. University of Oklahoma Press, 1997.
· Slatta, Richard W. The Cowboy Encyclopedia. W.W. Norton, 1996.
· Ward, Fay. The Cowboy at Work. University of Oklahoma Press, 1958, 1987.
· Westermeier, Clifford P., ed. Trailing the Cowboy: His Life and Lore as Told by Frontier Journalists. Caxton Printers, 1955.
· Giddi-Up-Go: Your Cowboy, Western and Agriculture Connection. http://www.giddiupgo.com/
"The Infography about Cowboys"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA