Labor Unions -- History -- Iowa
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of labor unions in Iowa.
· Wilson J. Warren, Struggling with "Iowa's Pride": Labor Relations, Unionism, and Politics in the Rural Midwest since 1877 (University of Iowa Press, 2000)
· Shelton Stromquist, Solidarity and Survival: An Oral History of Iowa Labor in the Twentieth Century (University of Iowa Press, 1993)
· Deborah Fink, Cutting into the Meatpacking Line: Workers and Change in the Rural Midwest (University of North Carolina Press, 1998)
· Daniel Nelson, Farm and Factory: Workers in the Midwest, 1880-1990 (Indiana University Press, 1995)
· Shelton Stromquist and Marvin Bergman, eds., Unionizing the Jungles: Labor and Community in the Twentieth-Century Meatpacking Industry (University of Iowa Press, 1997)
· Patricia Dawson and David Hudson, Iowa History and Culture: A Bibliography of Materials Published between 1952 and 1986 (State Historical Society of Iowa in association with Iowa State University Press, 1989).
"The Infography about the History of Labor Unions in Iowa"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA