Native American Laws
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Native American laws.
· Jeff Benedict, Without Reservation: The Making of America's Most Powerful Indian Tribe and Foxwoods, the World's Largest Casino. Harper/Collins, 2000.
· Theda Perdue and Michale D. Green (eds.), The Cherokee Removal: A Brief History and Documents. Bedford Books of St. Martin's Press, 1995.
· Sidney L. Haring, Crow Dog's Case: American Indian Sovereignty, Tribal Law, and the United States Law in the Nineteenth Century. Cambridge University Press, 1994.
· Stephen L. Pevar, The Rights of Indians and Tribes: The Basic ACLU Guide to Indian and Tribal Rights. Southern Illinois University Press, 1992.
· Vine Deloria, Jr. (ed.), Of Utmost Good Faith. Bantam Books, 1972.
· Robert A. Williams, Jr., The American Indian in Western Legal Thought: The Discourses of Conquest. Oxford University Press, 1990.
"The Infography about Native American Laws"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA