Archaeology -- Pueblo Indian
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Native American archaeology.
· Kidder, Alfred Vincent. An Introduction to the Study of Southwestern Archaeology, with a preliminary account of the excavations at Pecos (with an introduction by Irving Rouse), Yale University Press (1924) 1962.
· Gumerman, George J. (ed). Themes in Southwest Prehistory, School of American Research Press, 1994.
· Lipe, William D. The Southwest, pp. 327-403 in Jesse D. Jennings (ed), Ancient Native Americans, W.H. Freeman, 1978.
· Cordell, Linda S. Ancient Pueblo Peoples, Smithsonian Institution and St. Remy Press, 1994.
· Plog, Stephen. Ancient Peoples of the American Southwest, Thames and Hudson Ltd., 1997.
· Lister, Robert H., and Florence G. Lister. Chaco Canyon, Archaeology and Archaeologists. University of New Mexico Press, 1981.
· Cordell, Linda. Archaeology of the Southwest, second edition, Academic Press, 1997.
· Vivian, R. Gwinn. The Chacoan Prehistory of the San Juan Basin, Academic Press, 1990.
"The Infography about Pueblo Indian Archaeology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA