Sports Facilities -- Economics
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the economics of sports facilities.
· Roger Noll and Andrew Zimbalist (eds.). Sports, Jobs and Taxes: The Economic Impact of Sports Teams and Stadiums. The Brookings Institution Press, 1997.
· Mark Rosentraub. Major League Losers. Basic Books, 1997.
· Joanna Cagan and Neil deMause. Field of Schemes. Common Courage Press, 1998.
· James Quirk and Rodney Fort. Hard Ball: The Abuse of Power in Pro Team Sports. Princeton University Press, 1999, ch. 7.
· John Siegfried and Andrew Zimbalist. "The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities," Journal of Economic Perspectives (Spring 1999) vol 14, no 2.
· Robert Baade. "Professional Sports as Catalysts for Metropolitan Economic Development," Journal of Urban Affairs (April 1966) vol 18, no 1.
"The Infography about the Economics of Sports Facilities"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA