Fortifications -- Other Countries -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of fortifications.
· Eis, Egon. The Forts of Folly. Wolff, 1959.
· Harris, Edward C. Bermuda Forts, 1612-1957. Bermuda Maritime Museum Press, 1997.
· Hinago, Motoo. Japanese Castles. Kodansha International "Japanese Arts Library," 1986.
· Kennedy, Hugh. Crusader Castles. Cambridge University Press, 1994.
· Lawrence, A.W. Trade Castles and Forts of West Africa. Stanford University Press, 1964.
· Muller-Wiener, Wolfgang. Castles of the Crusaders. Thames and Hudson, 1966.
· Castles of Japan. http://www.geocities.com/castlejapan/index.html
· Edwards, Robert W. The Fortifications of Armenian Cilicia. Dumbarton Oaks Studies 23, 1987.
· Fedden, Robin, and John Thomson. Crusader Castles. John Murray, 1957, 2nd ed.
· Hannon, Leslie. Forts of Canada: The Conflicts, Sieges, and Battles That Forged a Great Nation. McClelland and Stewart, 1969.
· Lawrence, T.E. Crusader Castles. Golden Cockerel Press, 1936, 2 vols.; reprinted by Michael Haag, 1986.
· Schmorleitz, Morton S. Castles in Japan. Charles E. Tuttle, 1974.
· Singh, A.P. Forts and Fortifications in India. Agam Kala Prakashan, 1993, 2nd ed.
· Toy, Sidney. The Fortified Cities of India. Hienemann, 1965.
· Waldron, Arthur. The Great Wall of China: From History to Myth. Cambridge University Press, 1990.
"The Infography about the History of Forts outside Europe and America"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA