Motion Pictures -- German
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is German films.
· Corrigan, Timothy. New German Film: The Displaced Image. Indiana University Press, rev. ed., 1994.
· Eisner, Lotte H. The Haunted Screen. Expressionism in the German Cinema and the Influence of Max Reinhardt. University of California Press, 1977.
· Kracauer, Siegfried. From Caligari to Hitler. A Psychological History of the German Film. Princeton University Press, 1947; rpt. 1974.
· Rentschler, Eric. West German Filmmakers on Film: Visions and Voices. Holmes and Meier, 1988.
· Silberman, Marc. German Cinema: Texts and Context. Wayne State University Press, 1995.
· Internet Movie Database. http://us.imdb.com/
· Allan, Sean and John Sandford, eds. DEFA: East German Cinema, 1946-1992. Berghahn Books, 1999.
· Brinckmann, C. Noll. "Collective Movements and Solitary Thrusts: German Experimental Film 1920-1990." Millennium Film Journal 30/31 (1997).
· Elsaesser, Thomas. New German Cinema: A History. Rutgers University Press, 1989.
· Gemünden, Gerd. Framed Visions: Popular Culture, Americanization, and the Contemporary German and Austrian Imagination. University of Michigan Press, 1998.
· Ginsberg, Terri and Kirsten Moanna Thompson, eds. Perspectives on German Cinema. G.K. Hall, 1996.
· Helt, Richard C. and Marie E. Helt. West German Cinema, 1985-1990: A Reference Handbook. Scarecrow Press, 1992.
· Helt, Richard C. and Marie E. Helt. West German Cinema since 1945: A Reference Handbook. Scarecrow Press, 1987.
· Kaes, Anton. From Hitler to Heimat: The Return of History as Film. Harvard University Press, 1989.
· Murray, Bruce. Film and the German Left in the Weimar Republic. University of Texas Press, 1990.
· Neumann, Dietrich, ed. Film Architecture: Set Designs from Metropolis to Blade Runner. Prestel, 1996.
· O'Sickey, Ingeborg Majer and Ingeborg von Zadow, eds. Triangulated Visions: Women in Recent German Cinema. State University of New York Press, 1998.
· Otto, Frederick W. The Great German Films. Citadel Press, 1986.
· Petro, Patrice. Joyless Streets: Women and Melodramatic Representation in Weimar Germany. Princeton University Press, 1989.
· Rentschler, Eric, ed. German Film and Literature: Adaptations and Transformations. Methuen, 1986.
· Rentschler, Eric. West German Film in the Course of Time: Reflections on the Twenty Years since Oberhausen. Redgrave, 1984.
· Sandford, John. The New German Cinema. Barnes and Noble, O. Wolff, 1980.
· Santner, Eric L. Stranded Objects. Mourning, Memory, and Film in Postwar Germany. Cornell University Press, 1990.
· Seminar. A Journal of Germanic Studies. 33,4. Special Theme Issue on Recent German Film (November, 1997), ed. Rodney Symington.
· Tiscali Kino. http://www.tiscali.de/kino/kino_center.php
"The Infography about German Motion Pictures"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA