The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is lynching.
· Brundage, W. Fitzhugh. 1993. Lynching in the New South: Georgia and Virginia, 1880-1930. University of Illinois Press.
· Brundage, W. Fitzhugh, ed. 1997. Under Sentence of Death: Lynching in the South. University of North Carolina Press.
· Carby, Hazel V. 1986. "'On the Threshold of Woman's Era': Lynching, Empire, and Sexuality in Black Feminist Theory," pp. 301-16 in "Race," Writing, and Difference, edited by Jr. Henry Louis Gates. University of Chicago Press.
· Gunning, Sandra. 1996. Race, Rape, and Lynching: The Red Record of American Literature, 1890-1912. Oxford University Press.
· Hall, Jacquelyn Dowd. 1993. Revolt against Chivalry: Jesse Daniel Ames and the Women's Campaign against Lynching. Columbia University Press.
· Tolnay, Stewart E., and E.M. Beck. 1992. A Festival of Violence: An Analysis of Southern Lynchings, 1882-1930. University of Illinois Press.
"The Infography about Lynching"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA