The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is atmospheric optics.
· V.I. Tatarskii, Wave Propagation in a Turbulent Medium, Dover Publications, 1967.
· D.L. Fried, "Optical resolution through a randomly inhomogeneous medium for very long and very short exposures," Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 56, pp. 1372-1379, 1966.
· R.R. Beland, "Propagation through atmospheric optical turbulence," in The Infrared and Electro-Optical Systems Handbook, SPIE Press, 1993.
· L.C. Andrews and R.L. Phillips, Laser Beam Propagation through Random Media, SPIE Press, 1998.
· M.C. Roggemann and B.M. Welsh, Imaging through Turbulence, CRC Press, 1996.
· D. Alloin and J.M. Mariotti, Adaptive Optics for Astronomy, vol. C423 of NATO Advanced Study Institute Series, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1994.
"The Infography about Atmospheric Optics"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA